Gisou is growing, and we are on the lookout for a fantastic and thorough Finance Manager (m/f)
Based in Almere, NL / 40 hours (FT) / Immediate Start
Gisou by Negin Mirsalehi is a luxury haircare line by famous Dutch & Persian fashion influencer, Negin Mirsalehi. Founded in 2015, the brand has deep roots and a wonderful story of the coming together of family traditions. The signature ingredients within these staple products are honey and propolis, derived from the Mirsalehi Bee Garden where Negin and her father continue the 6-generation family tradition of beekeeping. Using nature's gifts Negin’s mother created a formula to transform hair which is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
The mission of Gisou is to inspire people to appreciate and take care of their hair using nature-based products, and to feel beautiful while doing so. With their story they want to raise awareness about the importance of bees for the overall ecosystem, and shine a light on the incredible benefits of what they produce.
Gisou is currently available on and offline in over 30 countries, and continues to expand rapidly internationally. To continue on this growth trajectory, the team is on the lookout for an experienced and thorough Finance Manager.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Finance Manager you are responsible for the entire financial process, you manage the finances, you make analysis’ and reports, you advise and you are directly accountable for the management of finances. Through your helicopter view you identify bottlenecks and come up with proposals for improvements for our financial processes, and then follow up with the execution. You independently perform financial / accounting tasks and, in addition to control and overview, you are also the point of contact for all colleagues about figures and process matters.
On a daily basis you are responsible for:
- the completeness, correctness and timeliness of the financial administration (including accounts payable / debtor administration) and project administration
- building and developing a professional finance function in a rapidly growing business with international expansion in North-America, Europe and Middle-East
- building a finance function to facilitate growth of the business
- providing management information to facilitate decision making in an ambitious business plan
- financial month / quarter / year closings and will periodically provide an up-to-date result and provide balanced accounts
- the preparation and submission of the (foreign) VAT returns (Gisou operates internationally, so you will also be responsible for submitting the international returns and compliance monitoring with (international) VAT rules)
- advising on the financial elements of our planning, budget and long-term planning cycle (you will work intensively with our ERP system Netsuite, and will ensure the coordination of processes and additional reports)
- working closely with all departments within Gisou and actively participating in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, while acting as a source of information for all finance related queries both internally and externally
- providing expertise and clear KPIs, reporting to the CEO about what exactly is required to achieve the objectives and the monitoring of the various departments (both financial and non financial )
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Over 5 years of demonstrable work experience in a similar position
- Completed HBO education in a relevant field or HBO level work experience
- Flexible and accurate and have a proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch
- Knowledge and insight into the administrative processes
- Able to make connections between figures and operational performances
- Advanced Excel user and have experience with Netsuite or a similar ERP package
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player but are also able to work independently
- Possession of strong analytical skills and good conceptual thinking
- Experience in a fast growing and entrepreneurial environment is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of a young, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular fun team activities and drinks. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
Email our HR Manager Jade Johnson ([email protected]) telling us why you are the one for this role, alongside your CV.
*Please note due to a high volume of applicants we can only respond to those who have been successful within 5 working days